In this episode of Off The Shelf, Rod talks to Abdu Murray, North American Director with Ravi Zacharias International Ministries and the author of two books, including his latest, Grand Central Question: Answering the Critical Concerns of the Major Worldviews.
For most of his life, Abdu was a proud Muslim who studied the Qur’an and Islam. After a nine-year investigation into the historical, philosophical, and scientific underpinnings of the major world religions and views, Abdu discovered that the historic Christian faith can answer the questions of the mind and the longings of the heart.
Abdu has spoken to diverse international audiences and has participated in debates and dialogues across the globe. He has appeared as a guest on numerous radio and television programs all over the world.
Abdu holds a BA in Psychology from the University of Michigan and earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Michigan Law School. As an attorney, Abdu was named several times in Best Lawyers in America and Michigan Super Lawyer. Abdu is the Scholar in Residence of Christian Thought and Apologetics at the Josh McDowell Institute of Oklahoma Wesleyan University.
In this episode, Rod and Abdu discuss:
- Abdu’s journey from Islam to Christ;
- The mission of Ravi Zacharias International Ministries; and
- Is the doctrine of the Trinity inconsistent with the unity of God and the Shema of Deut 6:4 which states “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.”
- Abdu Murray’s video testimony
- Website of Ravi Zacharias International Ministries (RZIM)
- Abdu’s speaking schedule (scroll down the webpage)
- Books by Abdu Murray on Amazon
Music – Doxology by Kelly Joe Phelps from Roll Away the Stone (1997) – available from iTunes