In this episode, Rod continues with part 2 of his interview with h well known apologist and author, Abdu Murray.
For most of his life, Abdu was a proud Muslim who studied the Qur’an and Islam. After a nine-year investigation into the historical, philosophical, and scientific underpinnings of the major world religions and views, Abdu discovered that the historic Christian faith can answer the questions of the mind and the longings of the heart.
In this episode, Rod and Abdu discuss the doctrine of the Trinity, including:
- the biblical basis for the doctrine of the Trinity;
- the logical basis for the doctrine of the Trinity;
- how the doctrine of the Trinity proves God to be the Greatest Possible Being over and above a Oneness or Islamic conception of God;
- the concept of persons in the Trinity and perichoresis;
- Specific issues raised by Oneness Pentecostals or modalists, including:
- Isaiah 9:6
- John 10:30
- John 12:45
- John 14:9; and
- the charge made by modalists and Islam of tritheism.
Music – I Believe by Charles Johnson and the Revivers from I Believe (1995) – available from Amazon